Trade Places needs a wide range of personal information in order to carry out its business.
Your Personal Information
In order to make available marketing services to you, Trade Places needs to collect and retain some personal information. As part of your use of the Trade Places website and/or the marketing services, Trade Places maintains information on your behalf on its servers about you and your property that you have provided us with.
Trade Places considers all information about you to be private and confidential, and holds itself to the highest standards in the safekeeping and use of this information.
What Kind of Information Does Trade Places Collect?
In order to provide you with Trade Places marketing services Trade Places will ask you to supply the following information:
• your personal contact details including your name and e-mail address;
• details of the property you wish to sell; and
• your credit card details (for payment of services provided).
If you do not wish to provide Trade Places with any of this information you should contact Trade Places to discuss this, but you should be aware that this may impact Trade Places’ ability to make available marketing services to you.
Please note: Trade Places will protect your credit card information during transmission by using a recognised encryption method that prevents the fraudulent misuse of your credit card details.
How does Trade Places Use Your Personal Information?
Trade Places’ use of your personal information may include but is not limited to the following activities:
• making available the marketing services to you;
• facilitating payment for your purchases of the marketing services;
• communicating with you regarding the marketing services;
• providing the information to third parties to perform such services as sign making, brochure printing, photography and advertising on the internet and other media;
• providing the information to a conveyancing professional and/or a valuer to enable them to provide services to you in accordance with their separate Terms & Conditions;
• providing your information to any additional service providers that you may request a service from (e.g. movers, storage companies, mortgage brokers); and
• marketing Trade Places’ services to you.
Trade Places will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the primary purpose for which it is collected.
How Does Trade Places Collect Personal Information?
Other than information that you upload directly to Trade Places’ servers, Trade Places collects information from you through your visiting and forwarding information to us, or making a purchase from the website, or through discussions (whether written or verbal) with Trade Places.
Trade Places Will Not Sell Its Client Information. Unless you consent to receiving information from third parties who supply services relating to selling properties and moving house, information about you is not and will not be sold or rented to any other company, individual or group.
When Will Trade Places Release Your Information To Others?
Trade Places will not release information about you unless one of the following conditions is met:
• Trade Places receives your prior written consent;
• for accounting and administration purposes client information is required by Trade Places’ auditors ,accountants and/or lawyers;
• Trade Places is required or authorised by law to release information to the recipient.
Trade Places May Use Your Information To Tell You About Trade Places Services
Information held by Trade Places about you may be used for our own marketing purposes in the form of contacting you by email, post, text, telephone calls or newsletters. If you do not wish to receive any marketing material from us please let us know at the time you register with us.
Security of Your Information
Trade Places will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Trade Places strives to protect such information, Trade Places does not warrant, and cannot ensure, the security of any information which you transmit to it.
Accordingly, any information which you transmit to Trade Places is transmitted at your own risk. Once Trade Places receives your transmission, it will take all reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information subject to certain restrictions provided for in the Privacy Act 1993. If you require access to your personal information please contact Trade Places. Trade Places will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date but if you believe that any of your personal information is incorrect Trade Places will correct it at your request.